Popular Post

It's Foodie Friday! Match the Dish & Win a Cookbook

I have always said that we all eat the same foods prepared in a different way...and I mean it. 

I'm here in France and Aunt Astrid (who lives in the French countryside) fixed My Fella and I a quick lunch a few days ago.  And while I don't eat pork prepared in this way unless I'm here in France, I couldn't pass up Aunt Astrid's French country cooking.  So just for kicks (and to prove I know what I think I know), try matching the dishes to the their respective regions by posting your answers in the blog comments section (My Fella couldn't do it!). 

I'll even up the ante and give the first person that is 100% correct a hard copy of The Country Cooking of France by Anne Willan, a best-selling cookbook author and owner of La Varenne, a French cooking school in France that she started with Julia Childs (!) and James Beard in the 70s which closed in 2007.  Good luck guessing and Bon Appétit!
Match the letters below to the corresponding numbers here:  (1) Simply Southern (2) French (3) Cajun (4) Ethiopian (5) Charleston, South Carolina (6) East Indian (7) Italian (8) Chicago. 
A.


B.


C.


D.


E.


F.


G.


H.