Popular Post

French Essence - Photographing Ambient Candle light and Fires

I

I was away on a job during the American release of French Essence, kind of like missing out on your child's first day of school!! Thank-you everyone for your wonderful words of support..

This photo is the sitting room at Mas Berard and one of the photos in French Essence where we tried to capture ambience. 
Vicki and I waited till the sun was setting and then we lit everything, the candles and the fire. By the time the fire was under control the daylight outside was pure blue and the candelight warm and soft, all peachy.

Another day I was running late and we took a similar picture when it was truly night outside, the candlelight and fire produce a pure red light. It was impossible to control it the colour and the red overpowered all the colours in the room. My suggestion is to wait for the magic hour between sunset and night if you want to attempt a shot like this. Hope you enjoy it. Carla