Popular Post

Italy and David McGrievey


One of the greatest things about blogging is stumbling across amazing talent. I had that WOW sensation  when I first clapped my eyes on the beautiful illustrations of David McGrievey at An Illustrated Life.

David's illustrations are a cocktail of elegance, colour with a twist of humour thrown in. His posts of his adventures in New York and beyond are just as interesting.

When I first saw these two illustrations of Italy they struck a cord with me. It was the Italy of the Amalfi Coast that I know and I love. Especially the bottom one with the curly wrought iron railing and water for as far as you can see. He might have been inspired by another place but it took me straight to a balcony I know in Positano.

Though his beach tents are more glamorous than the little wooden changing sheds and colourful umbrellas they are evocative of the era that still permeates that part of the world. A world that still adores old wooden boats, where people  'dress' to go to the beach, capri pants and glam sandals.

God how I would love one those beach tents when I go to the beach!

I figure from his illustrations that this man must have has a kind, elegant and romantic heart. If you have chance check out his beautiful work at An Illustrated Life.

Carla x