Popular Post

Eat, Pray, Love and Moi

Last night I went to see Eat, Pray and Love. I adored Elizabeth Gilbert's book of the same name and was looking forward to seeing the film with Julia Roberts and Javier Bardem. I was also looking forward to it because it paralleled my life when I left Australia for Italy in the year 2000.

I couldn't hold back the tears when she put her packed boxes into storage (mine are still there) and sped across the Brooklyn Bridge. That was moi eleven years ago as I left Sydney searching for a new life and happiness.

I related to so much, those wonderful friendships with Italians, their important lessons of  life like 'dolce far niente' enjoying doing nothing and simply being together!

Every fork full of food that Julia Roberts put in her mouth then closed her eyes savouring the flavour I have done over and over again savouring every ounce of Italy. Italy taught me lessons that even a lifetime of   therapy could never have taught me.

And to top it off there is the delectable Javier Bardem. I could gaze at him all day because in many ways its like gazing at the gorgeous Francesco who I met seven years ago in Italy.

I shed so many tears during the film especially when they boated into the sunset on a simple boat going to a beautiful island. I know my film friend blogger Zazie would pan it as a chick flick but it is a strange sensation watching your life (almost) on the big screen.

Elizabeth Gilbert left because she was in an unhappy marriage. I left because I was single, unsatisfied with my career and I won the best client of the year at my local Thai takeway! That would be enough to make anyone leave.

It is without a doubt a chick flick but if you feel like changing your life or just day dreaming about it go and see it.

My 'Javier' Francesco!!