Popular Post

Fashion Preview

Hi there, I recently shot this pic as part of a fashion story.. It was fantastic to work in a beautiful park in Florence and with a wonderful model. I wanted to achieve a dreamy effect to go with the winter fashion story even though it was shot in Autumn weather.

To achieve the colour effect of this photo I made an action using many different techniques.

Inspired by the original polaroids I chose to make my own 'recipe'.

I did the following:

1. Created a duplicate layer in case anything went wrong.
2. Adjusted the colour temperature to about 3800 kelvin
3. Used a cross process filter leaving the highlights as natural as possible and the shadows with a warm tinge.
4. I then used a quick mask to select the area I wanted to remain in focus.
5. Added a gaussian blur that was undetectable inversed from the quick mask selected area
6. Added a curve and adjusted to my taste
7. Added colour balance to finish.
I hope you enjoy the details.
Carla