Popular Post

when Tory met Billy & Matisse


Don't we all love Billy Baldwin? I do. What about Tory Burch? I know many of you do. Though I don't wear her clothes consistently like many of my stylish clients- Burch is a stylish woman and I do like the fact that she will step right out in another designer's creations in a heartbeat. Say Stella MaCartney? The clothes she designs feel a smidgen young for me- though I have picked up a couple of her tunics and a beaded jacket-But the clothes are good looking and the shoes are particularly- great shoes- and her accessories- I would have them all just like that!

What has always intrigued me is the lady's taste. It is good, even great.

Burch is now appearing in the new September Elle- showing off her jewelry, but more intriguing for me- is her Decor. Photograhed by Paul Costello and edited by Miranda Purves- the article,TORY DAYS, is in Elle's ELLELIVING segment of the magazine. It's an upbeat fast paced peak at the lady's entertaining style, her secret sources, even a recipe. I may try those Roquefort Grapes-very doable looking. The piece also contains the ubiquitous things she can't live without- better called here by Purves- List For Life: Burch's Basics. I like all her basics too.

But, the Decor. Her designer is Daniel Romualdez and a number of his Burch rooms have been seen just about everywhere- in Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People that shows off Burch’s 9,000 square foot Manhattan apartment. How could they have missed this room? Is it newly done up? And-How could she go wrong with Billy Baldwin's ARBRE de MATISSE, through Quadrille. She and Romualdez have used it extensively in a banquette area, on sofas, walls, and curtains.

I wonder where this glorious room will turn up next?
& it is Just Glorious Tory.


Arbre de Matisse shown on the front jacket of Billy Baldwin Decorates