Popular Post

if only...



"One must adapt to, even re-create,
an art de vivre for our times.
By that I mean that one prepares dinner
and serves it by oneself,
but on beautiful objects"

muriel grateau


if only I had

a glorious "built in" for all good things. I certainly have the goods for it. Overflowing is Aunt Bettie's cupboard, along with the Kitchen cabinets and corner built in.

I have a pattern I never tire of- Marie Antoinette by Raynaud. I also bought another old white and gold pattern very similar to this one by Haviland to mix in. Remus-The cat- loves the little dessert plates.



One of the prettiest pieces of Marie Antoinette is the rimmed soup.





Wouldn't it be Good to have a built in FULL of white china?

The glorious concealed closet in this Living Room is the inspired design of MURIEL GRATEAU, fashion designer and owner of a boutique of the same name in Paris.

The shop stocks linens, glass, porcelains and her extraordinary jewelry.

Her house is perfection.

I would settle for the closet.




Grateau photograph from HG '97, by Alexandre Bailhache