Popular Post

Cary Grant plays the Flower Game


"he loves me"
"
he loves me not"

the Daisy
one of Grant's picks




Cary Grant as Fleur's Leading Man



Grant was best man at the last of Fleur's fourth marriage and Grant was married five times. So these two would have had a lot more than flowers to talk about.





Grant as leading man with Grace Kelly in Hitchcock's
"To Catch A Thief"



Who wouldn't let Grant lead them around? He is for me Hollywood's one and only best Leading Man.


Grant's enthusiasm for his pick of flowers is adorable. He still has that effect.

As Grant told it to Fleur:

"My selections, probably listed in the favour with which I regard them
since they popped to mind in the following order:

PANSIES
- all types, all colours; LILACS- lavender and/or white; BLUEBELLS;

LILY-OF-THE-VALLEY
;

DAISIES
-not the small field daisy but the larger, single petalled variety:

SWEET PEAS
Lathyrus odoratus;

ROSES
; VIOLETS; CORNFLOWERS-Blue; JASMINE."




& Grant added:


" Though how could you limit me, or anyone, to a list of only ten?
I long to add primroses, mimosa, frangipani, carnations, fuchsias...

Oh, I could go on for hours.
"




Cary Grant's Palm Springs Home for over 20 years
Las Palomas (The Doves)
see more of it here










"he loves me, he loves me not"





Grant calling for rain







two gorgeous actors
Grant with roommate Randolph Scott- the cowboy








a little Domestic Bliss
Grant and Scott






His Own

the CARY GRANT ROSE



More of Fleur's flower game tomorrow- PRINCESS GRACE OF MONACO


Grant's official over the top fantastic website (here)