Popular Post

into the Wildes:

.


& less is MORE.




Frances Howard countess of Somerset,
attrib. to William Larkin c 1612-15 
NPG Painting 

the Countess seems to concur.






Simple pleasures are always the last refuge of the complex.
Oscar Wilde





coming up with 7 wonderfully stylish blogs is easier than
talking about myself after publishing this blog for two years- that  is harder. 

when I am given an opportunity to tap7 blogs with a stylish blogger award I jump at the chance-this is a required part of  the receiving of it.

also a part of  the receiving is the sharing of 7 things about Me. that is when I balk.  Easy too- is the introduction of- if you don't already know her blog- Moira's SKEINS OF THOUGHT. One of her ongoing topics is "this is romance"... Old Movies are the topic-
I'm a fan.
& since rules are made to be broken- and I enjoy that- Here are YOUR NEW MUST READS and you can say I said so-


you will love these



Ingres
The Turkish Bath 1862




ACRAVAN

BRUTTI MA BUONI


 GARDEN HISTORY GIRL

  
SYBARITIC


ST TYL

THE TRAVELER



where I break the rules 


the Getty Museum © Man Ray Trust ARS-ADAGP 
Le Violon d'Ingres Man Ray
silver gelatin print 1924


THIS IT WILL TELL YOU 7 THINGS ABOUT ME-at least.
I think the biggest problem with the BLOG MANTRA one of live and let live -is fear of no reciprocity from fellow bloggers.  There are diffierent blogs and there is something for everyone. Designers have always sought to find a clientele by giving them something not everyone else can find. Rendering up a beautiful room that has not been filled to the gills with stuff-stuffed into it, mediocre furniture and trendy fabrics will be a designer's calling card. If that is what a client is seeking-don't call me.
Few  bloggers will commit to separating themselves from other blogs by simply eliminating  from their blog lists  bloggers who repost a story from a publication and cut and paste the pictures & have heavy sponsorship on their pages.
It puts me in mind of a new blog called PIMP MY BLOG
I am always looking for new &  interesting original blogs to add to my blog list. If a person is writing to express themselves, educate, illuminate- they are elevating the medium they work in. I don't think for bloggers that are cutting and pasting from other web sources-  story and text are in the least concerned with originality.. taking an idea from other sources should be a way of  inspiring, expanding, offering something beyond a "copy."plagiarism is another expression- too harsh? 
Yes, well-I did say you would learn something about me here.
at this juncture in blogging-  it's the wild wild west out there- but at some point states are going to be annexed.





.