Popular Post

bearing it all

most.




E. Durieu, 1854


yesterday and just today-  I was trying to catch up with some of my favorite blogs. I save some for the weekend when I am not distracted or if I am busy during the week and can not fit them all in. I read many and I read much. When I leave a comment on a post I always- almost-request to receive follow up comments from other readers or the post's author elevating the post. Imagine my delight to find a comment about me on a favorite blog of mine-then only to be saddened by the comment that I was a bit harsh.
Me?  I am accustom to the occasional rap on the wrist in my own yard-keeps me on my toes, but to find a rap out and about in the neighborhood -wounded me deeply, scrapped knees at the least.
I have been called many things- witty, foolish, aloof, sarcastic-
Is that the same as harsh?
Is harsh the same as hard? I hope Not-because I do not like harsh-it suggests a lack of feeling, while hard suggests a certain strength.
Oh yes-I forgot, what about opinionated? Definitely, I have been called that- always-even as a child.
So- from there,
without further adieu , I share an opinion, Mine.

excerpted from a previous post
I think the biggest problem with the BLOGOSPHERE MANTRA is one of live and let live.  There are different blogs, there is something for everyone-that is true.
As in life- we all select different friends, clothes, lifestyles- taste vs. ostentation, tacky vs. tastes.  


Designers have always sought to find an exclusive clientele by giving them something not everyone else can give them. Rendering up a beautiful room that has not been filled to the gills with stuff-stuffed into it, mediocre furniture and trendy fabrics will be a designer's calling card.





If that is what a client is seeking-don't call me.
Few  bloggers will commit to separating themselves from other blogs by simply eliminating  from their blog lists  bloggers who repost a story from a publication and cut and paste the pictures & have heavy sponsorship on their pages. I am always looking for new &  interesting original blogs to add to my blog list. If a person is writing to express themselves, educate, illuminate- they are elevating the medium they work in. I don't think for bloggers that are cutting and pasting from other web sources-  story and text are in the least concerned with originality.. taking an idea from other sources should be a way of  inspiring, expanding, offering something beyond a "copy."plagiarism is another expression- too harsh? 
Yes, well-I did say you would learn something about me here.


 Merci, Laurent here, here

At this juncture in blogging-  it's the wild wild west out there
but at some point states are going to be annexed.
where will you settle?
.