Popular Post

Fashion Week Paris 2011

Ellie Saab

Zuhair Murad
Copyright Carla Coulson

There is something different in the air this week in Paris. Beautiful long legged girls strut the streets with their portfolios, ateliers race to finish their masterpieces and to interview the divine girls that will soon grace their catwalk.

Its also the end of the sales. Even I couldn't resist ducking into one my favourites boutiques in the Marais Atelier G X. Whilst I rummaged through the racks looking for a bargain a line of shiny young models waited  for the designer with their books hanging out of their handbags. After a while the penny dropped, next week is Fashion Week with Paris's finest Haute Couture on show.

I went crazy the first time I was allowed into a couture show I took a million photos. It was a photographer's heaven, beautiful girls and exquisite clothes. Overtime I realised you need more than a good eye you also need muscles.  Whilst waiting for the show to start  I was knocked to the ground by a warhorse photographer in a hurry to get to a couple of minor superstars (I had got to them before him!). I was shocked and humiliated. The rest of the day I looked both ways before I took a pic to see if there was someone about to swing a punch.!!

So to all of you involved in the wonderful spectacle next week best of luck. Don't forget to pack your boxing gloves! Carla x