Popular Post

One Year Later in My Little Town



When I started this blog, I talked with a client about finding the topic, the subject- the right note. She wisely told me- It is yours. Say what is on your mind.

Political Blogs- I am sure they are out there. Gosh, Just like any topic you imagine and some you haven't- there are blogs and more blogs. This will not be one, but it for a moment a little visit back to a year ago and a look at what I did today.

TODAY

Today I put up a little display in our public library- My HOPE is it will instill some pride and joy in a child's mind and heart.
















A little glimpse at My Town-








photo by Ute Bowen( above and below)







LAST YEAR


NC Primary May 2008
we educated
we canvassed




We Cooked Out-July 2008

we ate
we laughed



Last Day to Early Vote- October 2008

we yelled
we laughed






Summer & Fall 2008

we organized
we met
(at the Miracles Barbershop)






A little glimpse at the Jazz Event our group pulled together for OBAMA last Fall-

October 2008
we sang
we danced



















Last year I was campaigning for President Obama with a super motivated group of people who wanted to bring a positive message to a very small entrenched Southern town- the place I grew up and have returned to- Yes , by God, you can go Home.





As a friend said during the campaign last year- You are living in the place where CHANGE is needed. It is imperative. This road has not been, nor will it be easy here- in this little place.





November 2008
we canvassed
we worked








November 2008-after the Election
we celebrated
we educated






I HOPE things will be better. A lot of hard work has been done- and the work goes on. The group has stayed intact and is still working to improve the community-