Popular Post

Three Generations - Naples

Copyright Carla Coulson Italian Joy

I took this pic on my first trip to Naples back in 2001. Naples was 'love at first sight' for me and a photographer's dream come true. I stayed in a small pensione (Italian B & B) in the heart of Spaccanapoli and found these women on my first day. I later got to know them and took them a copy of the photo. They were always so kind to me on every trip to Naples filling my pockets full of oranges and apples. Years later I returned to find the old lady had died, her daughter was still so heartbroken she could hardly tell me the news. She was part of special generation of Italians that had seen so much, worked so hard and treasured the small things in life. I remember her with fondness. The pic was taken on my old Nikon FE with Ilford 400 black and white film.