Popular Post

Suddenly Cooking

I just received my copy of Sophie Ruggles 'Suddenly Cooking'! Sophie is a great mate of mine and lives across the border in gorgeous Barcelona. I nearly fell over when I received the book, she had told me how she had written and photographed it herself. I was astounded. I had a graphic artist and an editor working with me on my books and it was still an enormous amount of work. Sophie makes it look effortless.

Hats off and a tap dance for Sophie, her wonderful passion for food and sharing her expertise with beginner cooks jumps off the page.  The recipes are simply explained and she takes you through all the kitchen equipment and ingredients. So if you don't know the difference between an eggplant and a zucchini and what to do with either of them, this is the book for you!

Last night I went to an Australian friend and her French husband's for dinner. The menu was straight out of Suddenly Cooking. We ate her spectacular 'roast lamb' page 146 on a terrace high above Paris with the backdrop of the Eiffel Tower, the dome of Les Invalides, Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur in the distance. It was a divine night and a divine dinner.
Tonight I am going to try one of Sophie's easy Asian dishes or I might pass the book to my kitchen shy boyfriend and let him get his hands dirty.

If you are a 'debutante' cook you will love this book because Sophie instills all her confidence in you and your ability to cook simple great food.  Online at Suddenly Cooking or check out her foodie blog.
Carla x





All photos copyright Sophie Ruggles