Popular Post

It's Foodie Friday! Time for Moroccan Chicken Apple Stew




Moroccan Chicken Apple Stew
courtesy of Andrea Juarez of Forkfingers Chopsticks
When I saw this food photo, my mouth instantly began to water and I was immediately smitten.  This dish is the perfect cold weather stew with a cultural twist...just like I like it!
"Are you like the majority of Americans who only eat apples as a raw snack or in sweet dishes? If yes, you’re not alone – only a few years ago, I was the same.  More recently, I’ve taken cue from other cultures that use apples in savory dishes, much like one would use a potato – apples add a tart and sweet dimension to soups, stews and salads."  Read more of Andrea's post and find the recipe for this Moroccan delight here.  I can't wait to try it!
Andrea Juarez, a new contributor to OneBrownGirl.com®,  is a hobbyist food anthropologist who writes about different cultural uses of ingredients in her food blog Fork Fingers Chopsticks.  An award-winning writer and a former-practicing attorney, Andrea's blog is the nexus of her love for food, research and culture. With a palate for ethnic food and all things chocolate, Andrea has lived in Mexico and Italy and currently resides in Denver, Colorado where she is also a freelance writer, outdoors enthusiast and gardener.