Popular Post

just tuck me in

.



Do you love a nap? Do you love this Bed?
Photographed by Jacques Dirand, this Paris townhouse decorated by Renzo Mongiardino and Claudio Briganti, is one of those spaces. You know by now what that means. One that I am enamored with- it has been 12 years since I first gazed on these rooms and I am still in love. It must be Real. Of all the stunning rooms here there are many-full of Lichtensteins, Yves Kleins, Dubuffets, the owner's children- my favourite is this MASTER BEDROOM. Full of 19th century chinoiserie from England, the walls are softened with a silk that appears to be a sort of faded violet. The walls are divided by borders perfectly placed for special pieces of collected art.

Here- a few things that would be perfect for a room reminiscent of this one and only Mongiardino.


 


 

 & I love this bed- from Linda Horn, at 1st dibs, but it is a bit heavy. 
What do you think? 
Should I keep looking? 

 & for fabric- No question- my beloved Dragon Empress-by Clarence House. There is a pale colorway with most of the colors shown  in this one-with a celadon rather than the blue. The only one colorway I have not used in a house- so it seems right.

 

It took Mongiardino & Briganti along with their clients 10 years to complete their opus. 
... irregardless of what the design tv shows and instant makeover pages of the design magazines tell you- 
ROOMS are not built in a day.



more here:
HG article- SERIOUS FUN from 1998 June, with William Norwich, Joy Hendricks, Delphine Pietri
read Mitchell Owens tribute to Renzo Mongiardino in the NY Times 1998 obituary HERE
little augury Dragon Empress posts HERE

.