Popular Post

upon a New Year-Little Augury turns 1.

in thinking about a post for this day- I stopped. What could I say that I did not say last year? Little.
the real voyage of discovery
consists not in seeking new landscapes 

but in having new eyes.
Proust

Here is the first post of little augury written last December 31st. Much is the same with me, along with an afterward.


What moves us to reach out to others with our thoughts, opinions- our suppositions? For me- I have been continually inspired by one particular blog all year- An Aesthete's Lament. Thank you.

I also begin with an ending of sorts- a dear friend and sometimes mentor died on December 15th and I made a promise to keep just a bit of his wit and wisdom alive by sharing it whenever possible. Hopefully this Little Augury will do that and more. Surely it will evolve- follow along if you'd like to see just how.





a toast to S.Peele and you...
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne? ~rabbie burns (1759-96)

afterward-
I read several blogs in 2008 before I began my own- I never commented on a post before I started writing my own.

TOASTS to, Jason Clark, Pamela Terry & Edward, PVE, An Aesthete's Lament, House of Beauty and Culture,Rosie, Elizabeth Avedon,Lauren Hutton, Kelly Smith,Elizabeth Floyd, Architect Design-Stefan, Agnes, le style et la matiere, masion 21,balsam fir, rurritable, meg at pigtown designs, Home Before Dark, Paul Pincus, LBG, Jezebel, Mrs.Blandings, Topsy Turvy,Cote de Texas, The Peak of Chic, Emily Evans Erdmans, Debra, Janet of JCB, Maison Bleu, Jesma, StyleCourt, B.Cushwa, Pooka, Hels, mamacita, Vicki Archer, laura-what I like, Ulla of Model's Own,Sanity Fair,Penelope Bianchi, LIZZIE, Martha, Columnist, tartanscot, Hill Country House Girl, Denise of a Swelle Life, Clarity.
These Lovelies commented on posts the first 6 Months of 2009-& for that my gratitude.

I didn't do any Counting of Visitors on little augury until the end of OCTOBER- and my advice to anyone starting a blog is-Don't. Unless you have a wonderful Entre into that world, focus on what You want to say and Others may want to read-Not what you think other Bloggers want to read.

Do you have resolutions?
I do.
I will.
I want to focus more attention on design in my postings. I have a great series of posts planned - the Most Devastating Beauties of the Last Century. Look for these posts to begin in early January.
I asked Fabulous Augurs for their lists:An Aesthete's Lament,Emily Evans Eerdmans, Rose C'est La Vie, A Bloomsbury Life, Architect Design, Houseof Beauty and Culture, Paris Originals, Le Style et le Matiere, Elizabeth Avedon, Model's Own, InDecorous Taste, The Blushing Hostess Entertains, Lucindaville, and perhaps a few surprises. No?
(I ask them to submit up to 10 Names for compiled List of 10 Devastating Beauties. Ask 10 people and get 10 unique answers- YES! There is some small consensus- But mostly an INTRIGUING MIX. I hope you will stay in touch.

winter 1670.
.