Popular Post

lavender. grey & cometes : Karl's Chanel

.



Kristen McMenamy looking like a Bourbon from a Nattier portrait


Sophie de France

Madame Victoire of France 
painted by Adélaïde Labille-Guiard



Why there will always be Chanel-at this point, one must admit it is the vision of Karl Lagerfeld. He is a magician pulling beautiful rabbits out of  a Chanel boater. His Resort collection was staged at the Hôtel du Cap-Eden Roc in Antibes on the French Riviera  this week.
 













I love the stars -part of  Chanel haute joallerie pieces- diamonds brooches pinned on vests, & featured as motifs in fabrics-






"Do not you believe, madam, said I, 
that the clearness of this Night exceeds the Glory of the brightest day?
I confess, said she, the Day must yield to such a Night. "

Bernard le Bovier de Fontenelle, from Conversations on the Plurality of Worlds







 "I wanted to cover women with constellations! 
With stars! 
Stars of all sizes!"
CHANEL





"I confess, said she, the Day must yield to such a Night.
 I love the Stars, and could be heartily angry with the Sun for taking them from my sight."

Bernard le Bovier de Fontenelle, from Conversations on the Plurality of Worlds


 













Chanel Fine Jewelry here
Chanel.com here
Vogue.com here
Comet images here



.