Popular Post

the just right room

.



often a really good night's sleep eludes me.
there are reasons-a too good book that can not be put to rest.
a sudden doze &  jolt- a story that wakes me- luring on to one more page-

did I sleep? did I dream? did I lose my page?





sometimes it just doesn't happen.
are there too many books in my room?










that my bedroom could double as a library might not help-
but I would rather lose sleep than books.















my quest for sleep leads me to quests for the perfect bedroom-a perfect place where sleep never eludes.
I don't seek the most chic, or most stylish

I only seek the most alluring-


 scene from The Little Princess


that just right one that eluded the blonde in the fairy story.



oh so charming-
but maybe a too small-
would I still feel a bit over run?



there are books in abundance here too.


bedroom of Stephen Long, London from English Style




this one- 
though not a lover of yellow-
this has me thinking I might love sleeping in a field of yellow daisies. 
I do love the cocooning effect of the canopied curtains.


decoration by Stephen Sills



as I imagine living in one large space one day- 
 something on the order of one of these iconic rooms  that would be just right.


Nancy Lancaster's HaseleyCourt 




the bedroom of  Isabelle D'Ornano, Left Bank Paris



 yes-
one of these might be just right.



the bedroom of Pauline de Rothschild at Mouton, France



.