Popular Post

Summer Portraits Paris



After all the years photographing travel and fashion  for magazines last summer someone (the Ackland family above) asked me whether I would do some portraits of them during their trip to Paris. I had been in the rythym of working with magazines and books for so long that I had never considered portraiture. A giant thank-you to the Acklands as I discovered something I love!

It is challenging as a photographer to try and make a magazine style image for real people and rewarding when I manage to capture something special.

The Acklands were stars! They arrived early one morning on the Pont des Arts and Paris turned on the most amazing light. A chic man with a dog passed by and we asked if we could borrow it for a shot and voila there he is staring in the first pic with Judy.

It helps to have a young Adonis who is willing to hang, jump off and climb onto everything. Voila Declan in the Palais Royale. And I love the bottom shot of  Darren who looks like he would make a very contented lord of the manor in one of those fabulous Parisian garden chairs in the Palais Royale!!

If you are interested in a portrait in Paris you can in touch with me here.

I hope you enjoy them.

Carla xx