Popular Post

Love Affair with a room

How long can you hold on to a page from a magazine- after it loses its corners, clipped and otherwise? Is that 20 years?
Longer, So long I don't know just how long. 25?

this is a special one-it is my Love Affair with a Room tear sheet.
from a Christmas issue (think House Beautiful) of the Victorias- that is FREDERICK P VICTORIA & SON'S-family home. The cabinet maker and antiquarian dealer has a long standing reputation in the design community for crafting exquisitely made furniture. It is a family business.

A must read- here from Ronda Carman about Freddie Victoria, his role in the business and the influence of his parents, Tony & Susan. The room I still refer to-that I have long loved  is that of Freddie Victoria's parents.

In his comments to Ms Carman he describes his parents as yin and yang with-
"one being more whimsical and the other more classic. But from both I have learned the importance of craft and the appeal of uniqueness. Attention to detail and craft are the starting points of the value people place on things. They both have a very well trained eye for style and each is different. I didn’t always understand what they saw in certain pieces, but that has changed and I am learning a bit more each day."

What I find so very fascinating about this- it Perfectly describes why I am so drawn to the room.



what I LOVE and continue to seek in my own rooms and those of my clients-  
Comfort, Louis XV furniture, Quilts, Upholstered Headboards, Luxury Textiles, Blue, Red, Pink, Chinese porcelains, personal photographs, fresh flowers... & a cat.
What's Not to Love?




VISIT :
the Frederick Victoria home from All the Best & House and Garden 1984 here
the FREDERICK P VICTORIA business  here
.