Popular Post

at the Style Saloniste with Diane & Dorothy Parker

.
 I am so flattered that Diane Dorrans Saeks has written me up on her celebrated blog the Style Saloniste(here). Since Diane is usually writing about White House designer Michael Smith, noted designers Orlando Diaz-Azcuy or a new favourite designer of mine-introduced by  Diane to ME- Jean-Louis Deniot. Diane has written countless books about design and if you enjoy design or keep up with design books-You surely have one of Diane's books on the shelf or on the coffee table. Diane has written about the cards I've created and enjoy sending special friends and clients, they are for sale-but due to the original old post cards used-I know they are considered a bit pricey. I had no inclination when I started making them that I should make them cost effective, but I do think they are unique, if for nothing else the price. As I have said they are very therapeutic-Busy Hands they say. I never remember going into my GranMa's house that she didn't have some sort of handwork at her side or on her lap board.
She lived the idle hands are the devil's work hop philosophy.


Here is one of my favourite cards-I think it is the pairing of the fashion of Louis XVI with a Dorothy Parker quote.



 Parthenia card
(inside-the Dorothy Parker quote below)


Oh life is a glorious cycle of song
A medley of extemporanea:
And love is a thing
that can never go wrong:
and I am Marie of Romania.
Dorothy  Parker


Dorothy Parker at work- Can you imagine her thoughts about the blogging world?
&; who doesn't Love Dorothy Parker? Her wit was much published in all the best magazines, The New Yorker,Vogue, Vanity Fair-during the 1920's and 30's. A fellow observer of people- DP had a bite and a humour that
still does it for me.


why I love Ms.Parker-

I've never been a millionaire but I know I'd be darling at it.
Men seldom make passes at Girls who were glasses.
She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.
Scratch an actor- and you will find an actress.
That woman speaks eighteen languages and can't say No in any of them.
Four be the things I'd have been better without Love, Curiosity, Freckles and Doubt.
You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think.
(all by Dorothy Parker)
.


.