Popular Post

India by way of High Point

.

blanket I, face and reverse


No-it's not glamorous sounding-India by way of High Point, but we seize our opportunities where we can.
And so it is with these vintage blankets-each one unique- No ordering-No repros. Vagabond Vintage is a whimsical company where I can always find something I like. I confess to doing some personal shopping while at the Market. I indulged that hankering at Vagabond.

Last year I found some pewter Milagro hearts there-Gave some and kept some. This market, I found a perfect overnite sort of tote bag made from a heave cotton stripe rug. It's good looking. I can't wait to get it.

The little treasure trove at Vagabond was in a corner of the showroom-piles of vintage saris, cut, patched, finely stitched all over, making a cozy blanket. My friend & business partner honed in on the stacks & stacks- pulling possibles- Possibly for Me, Possibly for Her. Right now we have similar ideas of what we are looking.
Stacks became piles. Piles became our picks-& then it is down to who gets what! Both sides of the blanket are cotton prints from the sari, some have the palluv portion of the sari intact & there are some pieces with small patchwork mendings.

We had a great time sitting in the floor-claiming our lot.

Here are my blankets, along with some of my inspirations- Vuillard, Liotard, de la Falaise.


Blanket II, face


I've written about my desire to some day live in one glorious room- Here is one vision, from Loulou de la Falaise.




Blanket II, reverse



Vuillard





Liotard



Blanket III



Blanket IV, face & reverse-shown just along edge of pic


Liotard




en masse


Vuillard



de la Falaise




Blanket V, face



Vuillard



Blanket V, reverse





Liotard



Vuillard


Blanket IV, face and reverse


Blanket IV belongs to the cozy (now cozier) sitting room/den. Zetta already loves it.
Blanket I has landed on top of the french daybed in the upstairs hall.
Blanket III adds another layer to my bed- They are very, very warm.

oh, & I got pillows too.

No, I haven't been to India, But I plan to some day.


de la Falaise images from HG June 2004, photographs Alexandre Bailhache
.