Popular Post

my other Library...

now I know- it is a Bedroom, but as you can see it is my library too, and No- I don't have any trouble sleeping in this stimulatingly book heavy environ.


This Headboard has been around.


The wooden chandelier has too.


A slight nod to Pauline de Rothschild's pillow shams in one of her guest rooms, these via my own Guest Bedroom because Zetta likes to lounge in that room and has a slight fetish for silk satin ribbon. In here- less so- because typically the bed doesn't get made up quite so pretty like.


My current reading list spread around a bit. Right now I am reading EF Benson's Lucia surprise! to le style et la matiere).


Studying an interesting color scheme for an equestrian client. Surprise!


Yes, it's a little disheveled, but so is my desk- I am consistent anyway.


It can't all be books.


In fact, I keep my Fortuny in the bedroom.



My Fortuny etching, that is.



& of course my Reading companions.

Zetta.
Loves DRAMA.


Zetta wanting to be alone in the Guest Room.


Remus, tends to like SUSPENSE, especially when leaping off the headboard at 2 a.m.


Moses -aged and departed scholar, slept through most novels.


He also had the bedroom, minus the bookcases, moved down to the Dining Room- his last year and a half of life- since he could not make the steps. I always thought He must have been tuned in and came to this idea from one of my favorite novel's The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. Wharton's Mrs. Manson Mingott, could no longer climb her stairs and lived on the main floor of her New York mansion. Visitors of the dowager tried not to notice- though it shocked- there sat the lady's bed in plain view. Things have changed since the Age everyone seemed to understand Moses presence here.

He indeed slowed , But still slept in the middle of the bed, He did, however, know how to keep a secret.